Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Roof Hatch Ladder
With CAI Safety’s Ladder Cable Fall Arrest w/ Telescoping Extension for Roof Hatch Ladders (Trolley included) you have safety and security when climbing fixed ladders and transitioning to the upper level through the roof hatch. The design allows the cable system to be installed on the ladder, and being able to extend the telescoping post above the roof hatch while remaining attached to this post. This system is ideal for climbing long indoor and outdoor ladders that reach up to a roof hatch to safely climb out through the hatch.
- System Description
- System Guidelines
- Ladder Requirements
- OSHA Guidelines
- REQUEST QUOTE
With CAI Safety’s Ladder Cable Fall Arrest w/ Telescoping Extension for Roof Hatch Ladders (Trolley included) you have safety and security when climbing fixed ladders and transitioning to the upper level through the roof hatch. The design allows the cable system to be installed on the ladder, and being able to extend the telescoping post above the roof hatch while remaining attached to this post.
This system is ideal for climbing long indoor and outdoor ladders that reach up to a roof hatch to safely climb out through the hatch.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Designed to meet the requirements of the new ANSI Z359.16 standard, along with OSHA 1910.140 and 1926.502
- Ladder Detachable Cable Trolley/Sleeve included with system.
- Telescoping Single Point anchor extends 30”.
- Ladder Detachable Cable Sleeve included with the system.
- Re-engineered to simplify and speed up the installation process.
- Light – weighs less than our previous systems.
- 100% tie-off capability: Integrated fall arrest-rated anchor point on top bracket rated to 3,600 lbs.
- Flexible: Mounting brackets can be used on a variety of fixed ladder styles that may consist of different rung spacing and shapes
- Ideal for applications requiring egress off of ladder onto a platform
- Ordering is easy – top and bottom brackets sold together as a system in a single SKU.
- We offer other Ladder Fall Arrest Systems with rigid tracks and cables to suit your application.
Includes: Top & Bottom bracket, Galvanized 3/8″ (9.5mm) Cable, Cable Guides, Telescoping Extension/Pole, Cable Trolley/Sleeve
Finishes: Galvanized Steel only
- Self-retracting Lifeline 6 ft. (to tie-off from the top of ladder to the harness while ascending and descending through hatch)
- Full-body Harness (Universal Size)
Compliance: Meets OSHA 1910.140 and 1926.502, ANSI Z359.16, and CSA Z259.2.5 standard requirements.
Rated for: 4 Users
|Vertical Cable Lifeline – The cable will be a stranded galvanized steel cable that can be fitted on straight and curved ladders. User remains secured to the cable system for the entire length of the ladder.|
|Telescoping Extension/Pole – The telescoping pole extends three feet above the highest ladder rung. This allows the user to safely access or exit the hatch by attaching to the fall arrest anchor (self-retracting lifeline) on top of the telescoping post. The telescoping single point anchor extends 30”.|
|Cable Trolley (Included with system) – The trolley is designed to follow the user along the lifeline while ascending or descending and instantly lock in the event of a fall. Integrated with stainless steel shock-absorbing element that includes an impact indicator so that user can confirm system is safe prior to use.|
|Nano-Lok 6 ft. (1.8m) Self-Retracting Lifeline/Device (Class A & B) (CSS-3101228) – [OPTIONAL]
[REQUIRED FOR THIS SYSTEM IF YOU DON’T ALREADY HAVE ONE]
Nano-Lok™ self-retracting lifelines are ergonomically designed for ease of use and is ideal for direct connection to most harnesses. The extremely compact and lightweight design is virtually unnoticeable on your back, staying out of the worker’s way and making it ideal as a lanyard replacement. Buy Individually →Usage: When a user ascends the ladder, the user is tied-off to the cable system via the trolley system. Once the user reached the top of the ladder, and is ready to exit the roof hatch, the user ties off to the already connected SRL device at the top anchor of the extension pole. Once connected to this device, the user can now disconnect from the cable system trolley, to climb out off the roof hatch.
|Full Body Harness w/ Front D-Ring (Universal Size) (CSS-1102010) – [OPTIONAL] Designed to meet the durability, all-day comfort and safety requirements while working at heights on a construction site, use heavy-duty webbing that is almost twice as strong as the standards require. The Ladder Fall Arrest System requires the user to tie-off to the front d-ring of the harness. The harness distributes the load of the fall on the users body. Buy Individually →|
Please follow the following guidelines to ensure you use this system as per the manufacturer’s instructions:
- Ladder Structure: Ladder structure must be certified by a qualified person to support 2700 lbs.
- Capacity: One person with a combined weight (clothing, tools, etc.) of no more than 310 lbs. (140 kg) 1 per person.
- Self-retracting Lifeline (SRL) Maximum Arresting Force: 1,350 lbs. (6 kN)
- Telescoping Pole Anchor: The telescoping pole will extend single point anchor to 30” (0.76m). The pole serves as a single point anchor for a single user attachment. Minimum breaking strength is 3,600 lbs. (16kN). Conforms to OSHA 1926.502 and 1910.140.
- Trolley/Sleeve: Used as a Sleeve in vertical systems. Allows the user to move freely up and down the system while maintaining attachment. Use only with supplied carabiner or snap hook.
- Full-body Harness: Requires a front D-Ring.
- Standards/Approvals: OSHA 1926.1053, 1910.29, ANSI Z359.16, CSA Z259.2.5
Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Roof Hatch Ladder system will fit the following rung types and spacing:
|Cylindrical rung||0.5″-1.6″ (13mm-40mm) diameter|
|Square rung||0.5″-1.6″ (13mm-40mm)|
|Diamond rung||0.5″-1.6″ (13mm-40mm) height|
|Angle Iron||0.5″-1.6″ (13mm-40mm) leg height|
|Rectangular rung||0.5″-1.6″ (13mm-40mm) height, 0.5″-1.9″ (13mm-48mm) width|
OSHA’s Walking-Working Surfaces Final Ruling requires:
Rule phases in over 20 years a requirement to equip fixed ladders (that extend over 24 feet) with ladder safety or personal fall arrest systems and prohibits the use of cages and wells as a means of fall protection after the phase-in deadline. (Reference OSHA website)
— Install personal fall arrest or ladder safety systems on new and replacement fixed ladders over 24 ft.
— Replace cages and wells (used as fall protection) with ladder safety or personal fall arrest systems on all fixed ladders over 24 ft. by the year 2036.
— Designed to meet the requirements of the new ANSI Z359.16 standard, along with OSHA 1910.140 and 1926.502, when used with our Detachable Cable Sleeve (CSS-6160054).
|Final Subpart D Section & Requirement||Compliance Date|
|§1910.28(b)(9)(i)(A) — Deadline by which employers must equip existing fixed ladders with a cage, well, ladder safety system, or personal fall arrest system.||November 19, 2018|
|§1910.28(b)(9)(i)(B) — Deadline by which employers must begin equipping new fixed ladders with a ladder safety system or personal fall arrest system.||November 19, 2018|
|§1910.28(b)(9)(i)(D) — Deadline by which all fixed ladders must be equipped with a ladder safety system or personal fall arrest system.||November 19, 2036|
By providing some basic information, we can provide you with a custom quotation or more product information. If you prefer to speak with a fall protection expert just call us at (951) 465-7386 x 303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ladder Fall Arrest
Ladder Cable Fall Arrest w/ Automatic Pass-Through Sleeve$1,047.00 – $6,217.00 MIL-LAD-AUTOPT