Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Fixed Vertical Ladder
The 2-user Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Fixed Ladders provides you with safety and security when climbing fixed ladders and transitioning to upper level platforms, mezzanines, or rooftops. The system has been reengineered to simplify and speed up the installation process, weighing less and with up to 72% fewer loose parts than our previous models.
Kit Components: (1) Top & Bottom bracket for Climb Extension with Anchor Point, (1) Galvanized Steel or Stainless Steel Cable (based on choice), Cable Guides (based on choice of length), (1) Cable Trolley/Sleeve
- System Description
- System Guidelines
- OSHA Compliant Ladder Checklist
- REQUEST QUOTE
With CAI Safety’s 2-user Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Fixed Ladders, you have safety and security when climbing fixed ladders and transitioning to the upper level platforms, mezzanines, or rooftops. The system has been reengineered to simplify and speed up the installation process, weighing less and with up to 72% fewer loose parts than our previous models. Additionally, the top bracket provides 100% tie off capability through its integrated fall arrest rated anchor point rated to 3,600 lbs.
This system is ideal for climbing long indoor and outdoor ladders that reach up to a side or an upper level platform, mezzanine, or rooftop. This version is also ideal for fixed ladders, with mounting brackets that can be used on a variety of fixed ladder styles that may consist of different rung spacings and shapes. This system meets the new ANSI Z359.16 standard, along with OSHA 1910.140 and 1926.502.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Designed to meet the requirements of the new ANSI Z359.16 standard, along with OSHA 1910.140 and 1926.502
- Extends 4’ above the top attachment point.
- Ladder Detachable Cable Trolley/Sleeve included with system.
- Galvanized Steel and Stainless Steel system options.
- Allows 2 users to use the system simultaneously.
- Reengineered to simplify and speed up the installation process.
- Light – weighs less than our previous systems.
- 100% tie-off capability: Integrated fall arrest-rated anchor point on top bracket rated to 3,600 lbs.
- Flexible: Mounting brackets can be used on a variety of fixed ladder styles that may consist of different rung spacings and shapes
- Ideal for wind energy, storm sewer access, and rooftop access
- Ideal for applications requiring egress off of ladder onto a platform
- Ordering is easy – top and bottom brackets sold together as a system in a single SKU.
System Components Include:
- (1) Top & Bottom bracket for Climb Extension with Anchor Point
- (1) Galvanized Steel 3/8″ (9.5mm) Cable or Stainless Steel 3/8″ (9.5mm) Cable (based on choice)
- Cable Guides (based on choice of length)
- (1) Cable Trolley/Sleeve
Finishes: Galvanized Steel Cable Lifeline / Stainless Steel Cable Lifeline
Optional Accessories: Delta Cross-Over Style Climbing Harness, Chest & Back D-rings, Universal Size
Compliance: Meets OSHA 1910.140 and 1926.502, ANSI Z359.16 standard, CSA Z259.2.5, and CE (EN353-1:2014+A1:2017) requirements.
Rated for: 2 Users
|Vertical Cable Lifeline – The cable will be a stranded 3/8″ (9.5mm) galvanized steel or stainless steel cable that can be fitted on straight and curved ladders. User remains secured to the cable system for the entire length of the ladder.|
|Cable Trolley/Sleeve (included with system) – The X3 detachable trolley/sleeve is designed to follow the user along the lifeline while ascending or descending and instantly lock in the event of a fall. Integrated with stainless steel shock-absorbing element that includes an impact indicator so that user can confirm system is safe prior to use.
(For an additional user, please add (1) extra cable trolley to your order from the ‘Accessories’ tab)
|Anchor Point – The anchor point at the very top of the system allows additional fall protection with a self-retracting lifeline, to transition to a side/upper level platform, mezzanine, or rooftop.|
|Cable Guides – A cable guide provides stability to the vertical cable lifeline installed on the ladder. Cable guides have already been included with the system based on the length of your ladder.
(1) Cable Guide must be installed per 30ft. of cable as per the manufacturer’s requirements.
|Full Body Harness w/ Front & Back D-rings (Medium/Large) (CSS-1102010) – These harnesses are as tough as the guys who wear them. They feature coated, corrosion-resistant hardware, water-repellant and abrasion-resistant webbing and a build quality that is second to none. A patented triangular design gives these harnesses a shape of their own, so you can don them quickly and easily. Buy Individually →
[REQUIRED FOR THIS SYSTEM TO FUNCTION IF YOU DON’T ALREADY OWN ONE]
Please follow these guidelines to ensure you use this system as per the manufacturer’s instructions:
- Ladder Structure: Ladder structure must be certified by a qualified person to support 2700 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: Two users with a combined weight (clothing, tools, etc.) of no more than 620 lbs.
- Single Point Anchor Rating: 3,600 lbs.
- Trolley/Sleeve: Used as a Sleeve in vertical systems. Allows the user to move freely up and down the system while maintaining attachment. Use only with supplied carabiner or snap hook.
- Full-body Harness: Requires a Front D-Ring for Cable system, and Back D-Ring for Single Anchor Point.
- Standards/Approvals: ANSI Z359.16, OSHA 1910.29, OSHA 1926.1053, CSA Z259.2.5, CE (EN353-1:2014+A1:2017)
Ladder Cable Fall Arrest System will fit the following rung types and spacing:
Full Body Harnesses, Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Fixed Ladder Accessories, Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Roof Hatch Ladder Accessories, Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Steel/Wood Pole Accessories, Ladder Fall Arrest Accessories
3M Delta Cross-Over Style Climbing Harness, Front & Back D-rings, Universal SizeCSS-1102010
If your response was “Non-Compliant” to any of the items below, your existing ladder may not be compliant or suitable to support a fall arrest system. In which case you may require to purchase an OSHA Compliant ladder with a Fall Arrest System at this link: Fixed Vertical Ladder & Ladder Cable Fall Arrest System
By providing some basic information, we can provide you with a custom quotation or more product information.
If you prefer to speak with a fall protection expert just call us at (951) 465-7386 x 303 or email us at email@example.com
These application and system specific forms are highly customized to help you provide system specific information about your fall protection requirements.
Ladder Fall Arrest
Ladder Cable Fall Arrest for Roof Hatch Vertical Ladder$1,720.00 – $2,632.00 CSS-LADROOFHATCH
Access Stairs, Platforms & Ladders for Buildings, Ladder Fall Arrest
Fixed Vertical Ladder for Roof Hatch Access & Ladder Cable Fall Arrest$3,890.00 FXF-VLADDERSYS-HATCH