Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrails
CAI Safety’s Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrail prevents those who work at height from reaching an area where fall hazards exist. Installing a guardrail system means eliminating the risk of falling for anyone who sets foot on a roof. When installed around the entire roof surface, the system can be used by an unlimited amount of users who do not need any know-how on how to use the system as the entire roof has become a safe zone.
- System Description
- Selections Explained
- Correct Usage & Components
- Guardrails Vs Horizontal Lifelines
- REQUEST QUOTE
CAI Safety’s Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrail prevents those who work at height from reaching an area where fall hazards exist. Installing a guardrail system means eliminating the risk of falling for anyone who sets foot on a roof. When installed around the entire roof surface, the system can be used by an unlimited amount of users who do not need any know-how on how to use the system as the entire roof has become a safe zone. The guardrail system also provides an attractive architectural design for your roof leading edges.
This guardrail system is easy to install, resulting in a short installation time. This enables the installer to save on the installation costs. Furthermore, the system does not damage the roof surface as there is no need to drill or fixate components onto the roof. The system can be folded down to hide it when not in use.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High-end, stable guardrail system.
- Easy to install.
- Flexible usage (fixed, removable and foldable).
- No damage to roof surface.
- Can be installed on roof slopes between 0° and 10°.
- Less uprights needed for longer distances.
- No drilling/riveting in the components is required.
- Can be delivered in various colours (color anodizing).
- The system could be installed by one person only.
- Meets the requirements for OSHA 1910.23 General industry & OSHA 1926 Construction.
CORRECT USAGE (!! IMPORTANT !!)
- Uprights and Base Plates must be placed at a maximum required distance of 8 feet (96 inches or 2.43 meters) or less (see picture below)
- Two base plates must be used with each upright/outrigger to comply with OSHA regulations (see picture below)
- The Aluminum Guardrail system can be used on roof slopes up to a 10° pitch.
- Do not use the guardrail system above the wind force of 6 Beaufort (13,8 m/s). This condition needs to be checked with an anemometer before use. If your conditions fall outside the CAI designated parameters, contact us prior to proceeding.
- Finish End Brackets and Wall Mount Ends are included based on the number of Finish Ends you choose for your system. Please include the number of finish ends in your selection.
- The Aluminum Guardrail Toeboard (8 ft. or 2.43 m) is supplied ready to fit and slides into each upright post, while bolting them to each upright.
- Applicable Safety Standards: OSHA 1910.23 general industry; OSHA 1926 construction, OSHA 1926.500, Cal-OSHA §3209, ANSI + ASSE + A1264.1-2017, AS 1657: 2013 – Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways, and ladders (incl. guardrails and handrails); AS.NZS 4994.1: 2009; EN 13374: 2013 – Temporary edge protection systems – Product specifications – Test methods; EN-ISO 14122: 2016 – Permanent means of access to machinery – Part 3: stairs, stepladders and guardrails.
If you are trying to decide between a Horizontal Lifeline System on your roof versus a Non-penetrating Guardrail System, consider the following:
||Horizontal Lifeline & Anchors
|Engineering must verify that your building structure can support the fall arrest loads.||NOT REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Roof penetration and sealing to accommodate anchors.||NOT REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Installation by a certified installer of horizontal lifelines.||NOT REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Training all employees who use the horizontal lifeline system.||NOT REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
|Annual inspections required on all fall arrest systems (semi-annual if in California).||NOT REQUIRED||REQUIRED|
Non-penetrating guardrail systems have many advantages over horizontal lifelines. There are exceptions and we will be glad to discuss them with you.
By providing some basic information, we can provide you with a custom quotation or more product information. If you prefer to speak with a fall protection expert just call us at (951) 465-7386 x 303 or email us at email@example.com