Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrails
CAI Safety’s Aluminum Non-Penetrating Guardrail System provides the highest level of passive safety for membrane and built-up roof systems. The guardrail system features a plastic-coated steel weighted base that sits on top of the roofing membrane resulting in a completely freestanding system that is OSHA, Cal-OSHA, and WA-OSHA compliant. The Aluminum Non-Penetrating Guardrail base plates and posts are positioned a maximum of 8ft on center.
- System Description
- Selections Explained
- Correct Usage, Components & Specifications
- Guardrails Vs Horizontal Lifelines
- Install Video
- REQUEST QUOTE
CAI Safety’s Aluminum Non-Penetrating Guardrail System provides the highest level of passive safety for membrane and built-up roof systems. The guardrail system features a plastic-coated steel weighted base that sits on top of the roofing membrane resulting in a completely freestanding system that is OSHA, Cal-OSHA, and WA-OSHA compliant. The Aluminum Non-Penetrating Guardrail base plates and posts are positioned a maximum of 8ft on center. This system is sold in kit form to ensure all components are included for seamless installation.
The Non-Penetrating Modular Guardrail System is an industry leader in fall protection on dangerous work sites. Its clean aesthetic appeal and modular nature allow for endless configurations. With this guardrail system, you can ensure maximum safety and stability with a robotically welded rail system that can endure any weather.
OSHA COMPLIANCE: This guardrail system meets Federal OSHA requirements and has a maximum spacing between uprights/stanchions of 8 feet on center (96 inches or 2.44 meters).
CAL/OSHA COMPLIANCE: This guardrail system is installed in California and meets Cal/OSHA requirements and has a maximum spacing between uprights/stanchions of 5 feet on center (60 inches or 1.52 meters).
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Easy to Install: Each guardrail system is complete with all of the components necessary for installation, and the lightweight aluminum pieces are easy to cut.
- Cost Effective: Eliminates the cost of steel.
- Sturdy Design: Each aluminum component is robotically welded to give you excellent durability and the perfect protective finish.
- OSHA, Cal-OSHA, and WA-OSHA Compliant: The Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrail system is designed and manufactured to meet and exceed safety regulations as applicable.
- Modular system: Each kit can be customized for color, size and fit.
- Appearance: The sleek aluminum rails can be made in custom colors that match your building’s façade.
- Minimum lead time: With CAI Safety’s tight turnaround times, you can receive your system in just a few business days.
- Easy delivery: The lightweight aluminum nature makes it easy to ship and handle so you can put it to use as soon as possible.
**CAUTION WARNING** This is a fall protection system. The system must be used in strict conformance with the manufacturer's instructions. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death. You can download the system manuals from the 'Downloads' tab. You are also encouraged to contact us in case of any questions.
STEP 1 – TYPE OF ROOF SURFACE
|Concrete Deck||Metal Deck||Wood Deck|
STEP 2 – TOTAL LENGTH OF SYSTEM (in ft.)
|Total Length of System (in ft.)
This is the total span of your system from start to end. Minimum system length is 8 ft.
Toeboards are necessary when there is no parapet on the roof. This is optional
|Cal-OSHA Regulations||WA-OSHA Regulations||Federal OSHA Regulations|
|Maximum Post Spacing||8ft.||8ft.||10ft.|
|Maximum Wind Speed||110 mph. Wind exposure category C.
Loads in accordance with Cal-OSHA are 20 lbs/ft.
|110 mph. Wind exposure category C.
Loads in accordance with WA-OSHA are 20 lbs/ft.
|105 mph. Wind exposure category C.|
|Wind-Load Return Required?||every 32ft. required||every 32ft. required||No|
|End Return Rails (Finishing Kits)||5ft. Returns required||5ft. Returns required||5ft. Returns Required|
|Roof Parapet Required?||** Yes||** Yes||** Yes|
|Maximum Roof Pitch or Slope||1.5/12 or 7.13°||1.5/12 or 7.13°||1.5/12 or 7.13°|
|EPDM Base Required?||Required (Included with Base)||Required (Included with Base)||Required (Included with Base)|
|Compliance Codes||Cal-OSHA Title 9, 1620 and 3209||WA-OSHA WAC 296-24-75011||OSHA 1910.29 and 1926.502|
|** Roof Parapet Required: Parapets on all rooftop edges are required by OSHA, if you are installing this system for rooftop edge fall prevention. This is intended to avoid slippage of the system under any circumstances.|
CORRECT USAGE (!! IMPORTANT !!)
- Federal OSHA COMPLIANCE: This guardrail system requires to meet a force of at least 200 pounds (890 N), and has a maximum spacing between uprights/stanchions of 10 feet on center (120 inches or 3.04 meters). OSHA 1910.29 and 1926.502.
Cal-OSHA / WA-OSHA COMPLIANCE: This guardrail system if installed in the state of California or Washington, requires a maximum spacing between uprights/stanchions of 8 feet on center (96 inches or 2.44 meters). Cal-OSHA Title 9, 1620 and 3209. WA-OSHA WAC 296-24-75011.
- Finish: All aluminum sections are supplied mill finish as standard. Safety Yellow option in stock for an upcharge. Contact us.
- Finishing Kit (required for open ends): A 90 degree return kit is required at the start and stop of any Non-penetrating freestanding guardrail system regardless of length. This is typically 5ft in length. This geometry ensures the system meets the loads required per OSHA.
- Wall Mounts: To attach your guardrail system ends to a Wall, Wall mounts are available.
- Please send us a Request or call us at (951) 465-7386.
MATERIAL & PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
If you are trying to decide between a Horizontal Lifeline System on your roof versus a Fixed Guardrail System, consider the following:
Non-penetrating Guardrail Systems have many advantages over horizontal lifelines. There are exceptions and we will be glad to discuss them with you.
By providing some basic information, we can provide you with a custom quotation or more product information.
If you prefer to speak with a fall protection expert just call us at (951) 465-7386 x 303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These application and system specific forms are highly customized to help you provide system specific information about your fall protection requirements.