Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrails
Our Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrails provide a portable or permanent fall protection system for leading edges. Systems can be designed for any roof or building structure per OSHA requirements.
Please refer to the ‘Selections Explained‘ tab for help with the selections below.
- System Description
- Selections Explained
- Correct Usage & Components
- Contact Us
Our Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrails provide a portable or permanent fall protection system for leading edges. The guardrail systems are customizable for added versatility and provide passive fall protection for the user, incorporating the durability and reliability needed to get the job done and are aesthetically pleasing for any building type.
The Aluminum Non-penetrating Guardrails act as rooftop railings and are non-penetrating to prevent roof leakage. The guardrail roof railing solutions are designed to be easily assembled on the roof surface without penetrating the roof membrane. Systems can be designed for any roof or building structure per OSHA requirements.
Comprising straight, curved or inclined aluminium uprights, with top and knee rails, all connected via a clamping system to allow fast assembly and accurate level adjustment. No requirement for drilling, the system is mounted directly on the platform.
Complies with requirements of EN 13374 and EN ISO 14122-3, section 8.2, and conforms to European Directive 2001/45/CE.
Finish: Brushed Aluminum, Weather Resistant
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Guardrail solution for all types of roofs
- Lightweight aluminum guardrail is 30% lighter than traditional steel guardrail
- Guardrail designed for quick installation
- Four style options (curved guardrail, inclined guardrail, straight and folding guardrail (freestanding only)
- Four fixing options (Slab mounting plate, wall mounting plate, Z-Type mounting plate, parapet mounting plate)
- Finish: Weather resistant Brushed Aluminum
- Three finishes (natural, polished or powder coated to a RAL color) ensuring you can tailor the system to match your requirements and surroundings
- Attractive and aesthetically pleasing guardrail
- VersiRail guardrail does not require annual inspection
- Meets all OSHA and EN guardrail standards
STEP 1 – GUARDRAIL TYPE (NON-PENETRATING)
CORRECT USAGE (!! IMPORTANT !!)
- Uprights and Base Plates must be placed at a maximum required distance of 5.75 feet (69 inches or 1.75 meters) or less.
- Four base plates (100 lbs. per upright) must be used with each upright to comply with OSHA regulations (see picture below)
- The Aluminum Guardrail system can be used on roof slopes up to a 10° pitch.
- The guardrail system is designed to operate under all conditions specified including maximum 90 mph winds. If your conditions fall outside the CAI designated parameters, contact us prior to proceeding.
- Finishing Kits are included based on the number of Finishing Ends you choose for your system. Please include the number of finishing ends in your selection.
- The Aluminum Guardrail Toeboard is supplied ready to fit and attaches to the outer side of each upright post. Each length 9.8 ft. (3 m) is connected be a preassembled connecting bracket and should be riveted in place.