LADDER FALL PROTECTION SYSTEMS
› Applications — Ladder Fall Protection
[click pic to learn more]
Our OSHA compliant ladder fall protection safety systems include fall arrest capability when climbing the ladder, fall prevention around ladder openings, restricting unauthorized access to the ladder and ladder climb assist. The OSHA compliant ladder safety systems are design to be user friendly, easy to install and safe for use.
Every system is engineered to specific requirements while meeting or exceeding OSHA and ANSI standards.
Select a system below to view Types, Options, Features & Benefits:
- SELF-CLOSING LADDER GATE
- LADDER COMBINATION GATE & GUARDRAIL
- LADDER FALL ARREST SYSTEM
Self-Closing Ladder Gate
The Ladder Safety Gate is an OSHA compliant, self-closing swing gate. This safety gate is ideal for elevated platforms, mezzanines and anywhere there is an opening in your railing system accessible by a ladder or stairway.
Installation is a breeze. Our gate comes fully assembled and includes U-bolts for standard installation. Requires only one ‚½" wrench and 5 minutes of your time.
- UNIVERSAL MOUNTING
Universal mounting bracket fits up to 2" OD round or square columns or can be directly mounted to angle, iron, flat bar or wall surfaces.
3.25" safety gate length adjustment is standard for flexibility.
Durable design includes two stainless steel torsion springs to allow the safety gate to be self-closing.
- CUSTOM DESIGN
Our standard ladder safety gates are available in sizes to accommodate openings from 13-3/4" up to 50-1/2". Custom lengths are available upon request.
- CORROSION RESISTANT
Finishes available include powder coat safety yellow, hot-dip galvanized, stainless steel 304-2b or 316L.
- FULLY ASSEMBLED
Our safety gate ship fully assembled and includes U-bolts for standard installation. Requires only one ‚½" wrench for installation.
- WARNING SIGNS
All gates come with warning label.
- The Safety Gate is to be fabricated from structural or formed steel shapes, tubing, and bars of appropriate size and strength welded construction. Optional materials include Stainless Steel.
- Gate Arm: Gate Arm to be formed 1-1/4" square, 11 gauge tubing with a minimum of 3-3/4" (-1-1/4" to +2-1/2") of adjustment.
- Clamp Bracket: 10 gauge universal Pivot Clamp Bracket to fit railings up to 2" O.D. Bracket is adaptable to flat surfaces, and welded installation.
- Hinge Plate: 10 gauge Hinge Plate to provide for gate arm adjustment of 3"-3/4" (-1-1/4" to +2-1/2") inches total horizontal adjustment
Ladder Combination Gate and Guardrail
The Ladder Safety Guard System is the best non-penetrating solution yet to guarding permanent rooftop ladders. LadderGuard creates an OSHA compliant control zone allowing safe egress/ingress to and from the rooftop.
No longer do you have to install railing systems on each side of the ladder that can cost thousands of dollars. Simply carry up the lightweight components, clamp LadderGuard in place and you're good to go in a fraction of the time and expense of other systems.
System Extends 6' Onto the Roof. Provides Egress/Ingress Control Zone for Personnel. Completely Non-Penetrating.
- EASY INSTALLATION
Attaches with One Box Wrench and Allen Wrench. Lightweight Components Make Setup a Snap!
Fits Round & Flat Ladder Rails. Optional Colors to Match Your Building. Railings are 5' x 42" (other sizes available). Works on Parapet Walls and Flat Roof Profiles.
- SELF-CLOSING GATE
Includes self-closing gate for safety and peace of mind
- System Extends 6' Onto the Roof
- Provides Egress/Ingress Control Zone for Personnel
- Attaches with One Box Wrench and Allen Wrench
- Lightweight Components Make Setup a Snap!
- Completely Non-Penetrating
- Fits Round & Flat Ladder Rails
- Optional Colors to Match Your Building
- Railings are 5' x 42" (other sizes available)
- Works on Parapet Walls and Flat Roof Profiles
Ladder Fall Arrest System
With CAI's Cable Ladder Safety Systems you have safety and security when climbing fixed ladders on poles, towers, tanks, etc. The design allows the trolley to remain attached to the user to eliminate the potential for dropping and creating Lost Time Incidents or causing potential injury.
The shock absorbing top bracket and tension indicating bottom bracket serve as the anchors for the steel cable which runs the length of the climbing area. Non-metallic cable guides reduce cable wear, permitting you to ascend or descend unhindered. The economical, easy to use systems are available for straight or curved ladders and for connection to wood, concrete or steel structures.
With our Vertical Cable Fall Arrest System you are assured of safety and security when climbing fixed ladders on poles, towers, tanks, etc.
- For maximum structural integrity, our shock absorbing design uses an elasomeric impact attenuator to substantially reduce the forces imposed on the ladder structure during fall arrest.
- Easily install the ladder fall protection system with standard wrenches. The unique built-in tension tells you precisely when the system is at the proper tension.
- Built-to-last from corrosion resistant materials, the ladder fall protection system is galvanized for a maintenance free life. For harsh environments, use the complete stainless steel system.
- Non-metallic cable guides reduce cable wear, permitting you to ascend or descend unhindered. They also protect both the Cable Ladder Safety system and the climbing structure.
- Designed for ease of use, economy and versatility, you can bolt or weld the system, choose rung clamp sizes/styles, choose systems for straight or curved ladders and for connection to wood, concrete or steel structures.
- Meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards including OSHA, ANSI and the stringent ANSI Z 359.
- Locked on for hands-free movement! The swiveling sleeve, attached by carabineer to your harness, arrests falls by locking onto the cable. It is easily attached or removed anywhere along the cable and automatically follows as you climb or descend.
- Fits 8mm and 3/8" cable systems - perfect for many pre-installed systems in the Wind Energy market.
The Powered Climb Assist System is designed to provide both climbing assistance and fall protection for those who climb indoor permanent fixed ladders. All other competitive models require secondary fall protection systems that add cost, training time and can make the climbing cumbersome for the user.
- Assists the user in the ascent or descent of a fixed ladder to reduce fatigue.
- Adjustable system reduces overall weight of user by 45 to 120 lbs. (20 to 55 kg).
- Eliminates the compatibility issue of ladder safety systems plus climb assist systems from different manufacturers.